Why "NOT about me"?
Your therapy is about YOU, not me. I'm glad to share my education and experience with you, but it is only one part of a much larger picture. I could have a huge display of certificates and diplomas in my office and still be one of the biggest jerks you've ever met!
So, here is a summary of my background. For more assistance, see the page "Choosing the Right Therapist."
- I have over thirty years of experience treating individuals, couples, and families. I have worked for several agencies and a major HMO before beginning a full-time practice in 1995.
- From 1995 through 2013, I was in full-time practice in Staten Island, NY (Brief Therapy Center of Staten Island). In 2014, I began a new practice in Westfield, NJ. This practice is very different than my Staten Island practice. The Counseling and Connection Center is a limited and selective practice. It is limited as to the number of clients I will accept and selective in terms of what kind of problems I will treat.
- I received my graduate degree (MSW) from Hunter College of Social Work in 1977, where I received honors in two courses: Human Behavior and Group Work
- I have postgraduate certificates in two areas: Family Therapy and Ericksonian Hypnosis.
- My certificate in Family Therapy was awarded by the Ackerman Institute for the Family in 1985.
- My Certificate in Ericksonian Hypnosis was awarded by the Milton H. Erickson Institute of Central New Jersey in 1995. It was followed by a year of supervision in Ericksonian Hypnosis.
- I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in New Jersey.
If you have any questions about my education or experience, email or telephone me.